Shilpa Joshi RD is one of India’s leading dietitian and diabetes educator. With over 20 years of experience, she is known for her expertise in clinical nutrition. At her clinic, she uses the principles of Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) for preventive and therapeutic care of health problems.
She specializes in all facets of nutrition, which includes weight loss, management of Type 1 & 2 diabetes, PCOS, GDM, gastrointestinal issues, renal care, pregnancy care, cancer nutrition and enteral feeds.
As Shilpa always says
“Good nutrition is an important part of leading a healthy lifestyle. Combined with physical activity, your diet can help you to reach and maintain a healthy weight, reduce your risk of chronic diseases, and promote your overall health. It’s not about just losing weight on the scale!It is more than that. With these healthy and balanced meal plans, you will start experiencing good Energy levels, improvement in your metabolic rate and healthy body.”
- Practicing Clinical Dietician
- Diabetes Educator
- Director, Mumbai Diet and Health Center
- Master Trainer- “Diabetes Conversation Maps”
- More than 15 published papers in peer reviewed medical journals
- Course Director, National Diabetes Educators Program.
- Trained more than 3000 diabetes educators.
- Vice President, Indian Dietetic Association (2019 – 2021)
- Hon Secretary, All India Association of Advancing Research in Obesity
- Runners up the recipient of Wimpfheimer Guggenheim International Essay Award (2017) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetic Foundation on Malnutrition.
- Recipient of “We for Stree” Award by Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. (2018)
- Presented at various national and international meetings including American Diabetes Association, International Diabetes Federation and International Confederation of Dietitian’s.